Girls Convent “Blessed Virgin”

In the 15th century there was a chapel on this place. In 1665, residential buildings were built around it. Since then the monastery has begun its existence. Later in the place of the chapel was built the Church of the Holy Virgin. In 1877 the monastery was burned by the Turks, and the abbot Hristina was brutally murdered. Surrounding the church, the tap, some of the cells and the hiding place of Vasil Levski. Loznica in the yard of the monastery is more than 350 years old and is considered one of the oldest in Bulgaria. After the liberation of our country, the monastery was restored and is currently permanently active.

Accommodation in Sopot

Additional Information

Winter season: 8:00-12:00 and 13:00-17:00h
Summer season: 8:30-12:30 and 13:30-17:30h
works every day
Students and pensioners: 0,30lv.
Adults: 0,60lv.